• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GeoBeagle: Geocaching: Great tool for geocaching!

blacknite

May 9, 2010
This app is great for geocaching. It allows you to get waypoints from popular sites like geocaching.com and load them straight to the phone. It has map mode and heading mode, as well as sms logging of finds.

I've used it several times to find caches local to my area, and it has taken me to them every time. It is easy to tell what caches you have already been to as it saves them in the phone. Loading the waypoints into the program is a bit tricky at first, but easy to do once you have it figured out. If you are using geocaching.com, you just open the cache description in a browser, and click on the open in google maps link on the page, and then open it with GeoBeagle, and it loads everything it needs into the program. Also, you can manually type in the coordinates if you want. If you do load them from the web page, a button is provided in the app to open the page if you need to see it again. Pre-loading the waypoints before you go on a long trip is great so you don't have to spend time finding them. The program also utilizes turn-by-turn so you can keep your eyes on the road while driving to the next cache.

If you are a serious geocacher and are tired of lugging around that garmin and printed pages of caches, this app is a great choice for you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones