1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Geocaching with Facebook Posting

Last Updated:

1. Zamar

Zamar Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I apologize if this is a repeat ahead of time. I have tried to search, both here and on Google, with no luck.

I am currently using C:Geo on my phone for my Geocaching needs and am happy with its performance. I am also a user of Foursquare with Facebook and like to update where I am because I like to try new places.

Along these lines I was thinking it would also be nice to share caches I have found with my friends, plus raise their awareness of Geocaching at the same time, by being able to have a found Geocache posted to facebook at the time it is marked found in the program.

[​IMG]

Has anyone heard of an Android app that would do this? If not have you heard of anyone developing one? If so I would definitely support such an app.

Thanks!

Dave

Advertisement
  2. DarkTLRrider

DarkTLRrider Well-Known Member

Not with Facebook but buzz is geo tagged. Kind of a cool concept.

3. Bill

Bill Well-Known Member

Hi Zamar,

What phone are you using? I am considering the Incredable and am excited to be able to use it for geocaching but I am concerned with the AMOLED screen not working well out in the sun while caching.

Bill

4. Zamar

Zamar Member This Topic's Starter

Definitely getting the Incredible next week! :)

Right now I am using a Sprint Hero. I don't know how the screen compares but I can use it as long as I provide shade with my body or a tree. Guess I will have to see after next week.

5. SgtBaxter

SgtBaxter Well-Known Member

c:geo (absolutely the best geocache software ever!) will publish to Twitter when you find a cache. You can link facebook and twitter in facebook so twitter automatically updates your facebook posts, at least that's a workaround.

I'd email the dev and suggest adding facebook updates to c:geo, I don't think it'd be that difficult considering how well FB is integrated into android already. I'm going to email him about it.