1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Geocaching

Last Updated:

1. ManLike

ManLike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Are there any geocaching apps for Android yet?

There are several nice ones for the Blackberry, like cacheberry. I'd love to see something like this for Android.

Advertisement
  2. plainbrad

plainbrad Well-Known Member

i dont' think there is a free geocaching app. Most cost around $9.99. You can do a search on the market for geocaching to see what there is.

There is also a geohashing app but it picks such a big area that one has to be ready to do some serious traveling for it and if you live near a large body of water, your trip may end up in the middle of it - geohash Droid

3. ManLike

ManLike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks man! I shoulda checked there first.

My wife has the G1, my phone isn't out in the States yet. :(

4. StephenNg

StephenNg New Member

There's a free app "GeoBeagle" for geocaching. It's on the MarketPlace and you can also download it from geobeagle - Google Code.

5. southernx

southernx New Member

Just to let you know...."Cachemate" is now available for geocaching....cost is $10......but i've used it for years on my laptop and now I have it on the G1 and it is awesome!!! Have over 4,000 caches stored in it...gives all info on the cache you are after off of Geocaching.com plus...when you see one that you want to go after...hit the Menu button and the option to Navigate to it comes up and the phone gps will take you to it....I actuall left my Garmin gps in the truck and used the phone all day!!!!