1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

German Language Keyboard for Shapewriter?

Last Updated:

1. calaski8123

calaski8123 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have the Shapewriter keyboard v 3.0.9 - I love it and I would like to install the German language add on but it is not available in the Market anymore.

1) Is the language add on just a different keyboard layout or does it actually recognize the German words?

2) I found and downloaded com.shapewriter.android.imlanguage.german.apk but I cannot seem to install it. I get a Parse Error when I try to install using an app installed from the SD card... since it is an add on to another app do I need to install it is a different way?

3) If this file is not correct for my version, does anyone have the file or can you tell me where to download it?

Danke,

Jim

Advertisement
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Moving to the Android Applications section

3. Sevreth

Sevreth Well-Known Member

The Dinc's stock keyboard can support multiple languages.

Deutsch keyboard layout switches the Y and Z buttons (which is wierd), and corrents my awful Deutsch spelling (it knows ausgezeichnet!!).

Hopefully you can check that out :)

Tchusse!!

-Sev

4. calaski8123

Thank you for the reply. I'm aware that the stock keyboard can support the German layout. The Shapewriter keyboard is like Swype.. you just slide your finger across the letters and the software recognizes the word you are typing by the pattern.

My problem is, if I am typing "Ich heisse James" the software will not recognize ICH and HEISSE... I was hoping that the German language keyboard for Shapewriter would allow me to type in German and it would recognize the German words.

Thanks...

Jim

5. Sevreth

Sevreth Well-Known Member

I have not tried shapewriter. I love Swype, but had to uninstall due to 2.2 compatability problems.

I may try it out and search around for a language pack.

Cheers,

-Sev

6. calaski8123

OK let me know... I have the ShapeWriter apk if you can't find it... no longer available in market. It runs fine in 2.2