1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Get A New B&N Nook Color For $200!

1. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Yea I saw this earlier... its extremely tempting, my only gripe is that it doesn't have a Front-Facing Camera so I can't use it like I would really want (as a full blown video-chatting tab). Its high up on my Tab list tho.
  3. LBPHeretic

I think once they get the Bluetooth stack working 100% you could technically tether your smartphone to your B&N Nook Color and use that as the camera for chat.

It is not a super elegant solution, but at least it could be an option. So far, I have no missed having a camera since I always have my smartphone with me anyway.
  4. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

I got one earlier today. Looking forward to playing around with this.
  5. Legobricke

Legobricke Well-Known Member

Yeah....

I took the dive also....

Can't wait to root and go!
  6. LBPHeretic

Yeah, I forwarded this deal to a bunch of my friends. I hope that at least a few take up the offer.

It really is a great deal. Even at the full $250.00, it is a wonderful deal, but this makes it that much sweeter.
  7. Clintro

Clintro Active Member

I jumped in on this one!!!
  8. Demontooth

Demontooth Active Member

I picked one up also.
  9. Phenomenom

Phenomenom Member

My coworkers and I have been debating whether or not to buy for a few days now. Even at the standard price of $249 we considered it quite a deal. Once we got wind of this offer though, that was the end of it. 3 purchases within 20 minutes of one another. I'll be flying to Kansas City on business in the coming weeks. This will make for a great tablet to watch movies during the flight.
  10. mrspeedmaster

mrspeedmaster Well-Known Member

Don't get your hopes too high concerning video playback.

I haven't been able to get any decent video to play. I got some low-res 320x240 mp4 files and thats about it. Every medium to low-bitrate file I gave it seems to not work.

(With Nook and Auto-Nooter)
  11. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Thankfully I paid about $120 for mine thanks to Groupon because mine is going on ebay. I've rooted and tinkered with every Android phone I've owned (count is up to 4 now), but my Epic is ten times smoother on every front than my rooted nook color. Even my Archos 70 (outside of the screen) was working smoother overall. So if I'm going on the cheap, I'll pick up the Viewsonic G-Tab with the Tegra 2 for $350. To me, that's the bargain considering Honeycomb is at home on Tegra 2. But with the ipad2 coming out at that $499 pricepoint, all the tablets have an uproad battle ahead of them. Let's hope LG stays true to their promo a few months ago and is going to hit a pricepoint that can compete.
  12. mrspeedmaster

mrspeedmaster Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to unload my NookCOLOR as well. I got it rooted and also have HoneyComb on an microSDHC. I played with it for 2 days and thats
    about the extent of it.

The device lags so much. I can't get copy-n-paste to work with browsers. Photo Gallery lags. I can't play any video unless it was encoded for a 5 year old device.

I do like the form-factor and size.. I also like the build quality (fit-n-finsh) but this device is not for me.
  13. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

I think LG and the next Samsung will hit the sweet spot with an 8.9" 16:9 screen. Though a 10" with integrated keyboard options will be my first choice (Lenovo LePad or one of the slider tabs that was shown at CES
  14. loribug26

loribug26 Active Member

Why is it that there's always a deal right AFTER I buy something?? oh well...I kinda like it so, I guess the extra $50 isn't that big of a deal. My goal for the weekend is to root it...big goals I have huh? :) lol
  15. loribug26

loribug26 Active Member

I play movies on mine a lot...I have a Cucusoft Converter Video to iPod program, and I've put many of my DVD's on it. It's not crystal clear, but it's good enough for me. But I'm not really picky either... :)