1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

get actual free emulator on droid

Last Updated:

1. ninja

ninja Member This Topic's Starter

How would one go about putting a fully working emulator on a droid without having to pay?

Advertisement
  2. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

Go to the market and download the Lite versions. They work fully, just with no load/save state.
    But these emulators are worth buying the full version anyways. The developer is quick to respond to questions and suggestions, and is always updating with something worthwhile.

3. VeryApe

VeryApe Well-Known Member

How about supporting the work these guys put in to the emulators. These things are top notch, and they are like 2 bucks.

4. cranky_dan

cranky_dan Well-Known Member

Ya, and they work great, too! You absolutely get your money's worth.

5. ccphilly1984

ccphilly1984 Well-Known Member

The guy that makes nesoid, gameboid, etc rocks... he made gbcoloroid to play old school gameboy gammes at my request... he probially will do an atari one too

6. ninja

yes, i dont disagree that supporting the ones on the market is a good thing, but why would i ever do that when i could get it for free, and have load/save states available?!?

7. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Because if everyone thought that way there'd be no incentive for developers and we'd all be complaining that there are no decent apps/games/whatever.

More to the point, if you agree that supporting the ones on the market is a good thing, why on earth would you do otherwise?

8. ninja

Because its free? who doesn't like free stuff? And yes I agree supporting them is nice, but that doesn't mean I should when I know theres a way to do it for free. I know theres a way because there were ways for normal phones, so there must be a way for a smart phone.

9. acidrainlte

acidrainlte Member

Port it to the Android OS yourself. That's free.

10. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

gonna try to think of the nicest way to put this....

NO.

11. angelofmine099

angelofmine099 Member

Am I the only one that finds the gba emulator hard to work? I thought it was supposed to have touch buttons to play with like on the ipod instead of using the directional pad. any clue? send me a message, not on here much :D

12. ninja

I'm sorry but your response is not a logical or theoretical response to my statment. YHBT. HAND.

13. Slug

Let me put it another way then.

Android Forums neither allows or condones piracy. The vast majority of the members agree with this policy, as did you when you registered. It's therefore more than a bit pointless expecting any help or support for it.

14. ninja

Well, I'm not doing any pirating. Roms and emulators are NOT illegal at all as long as you have the respective game and system. And asking if there is a way to take a diffrent emulator and put it on my phone for free is also 100% legal.

15. Slug

That depends. In the US, for example, I believe a legal precedent has been set saying the opposite. (Atari v JS&A, 1983). Also "How would one go about putting a fully working emulator on a droid without having to pay?" sounds suspiciously like asking about warez.

Regardless of which, it's against the site rules. Which is all that really matters.