Get Hero now or wait

Last Updated:

1. RickC

RickC New Member This Topic's Starter

Trying to decide if I should go ahead a buy a Sprint Hero now or wait for the next phones to arrive. Dont know if anything will arrive soon to Sprint or not. Seen rumors of end of 2010. Not willing to wait that long. But if something better is only a few months away....

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. MarkHirt

MarkHirt Guest

Buying a phone these days is like buying a computer, once you open the box it's old technology.

That said if you like it, buy it the 2.1 upgrade will be along soon

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I'm sure it'll get cheaper (like all electronics) if you hold out a little longer.

Ultimately it's your call. If you like the Hero and can afford it you might as well go ahead and get it done with.

4. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

It's a very nice phone. If you really need a new phone then go for it but if it's just a minor upgrade you might want to hold off until summer or so. That's when they released their last flagship device (Palm Pre) so maybe that will be around when we see the next one. Right now on Sprint you have the Pre, Moment, and TP2 if you want a QWERTY and you have the Hero if you don't want a hard keyboard. As annoyed as I am not to have something to look forward to yet, those are strong offerings with hardware matching all but the Nexus One and other up-and-coming phones.