Get Hero or wait for Legend

Last Updated:

1. confuzzled

confuzzled Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I really dont know what to do. Should i get the Hero on a 24 month contract or wait for the Legend and see if i can get it on a

Advertisement
  2. Anthony1

Anthony1 Well-Known Member

The Hero will certainly be heavily outdated in two years time, but it will still do everything it does today, maybe even more given an update or two.

If you wait for the 'latest and greatest' then you'll always be waiting.

Having said that there look to be a few good phones just round the corner: Legend, Bravo etc. May be worth hanging on for a month and see what happens.

3. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member

If you asked me last September I would have said there is no better phone. Today it is certainly last generation.

I'd wait for a 1ghz, HTC phone with sense which must be imminent.

4. vjprakashbe

vjprakashbe Well-Known Member

+1

5. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

And yet, once the 2.1 update is out, it will run all of the apps that the nexus one will run. It runs 99.9% of them now.

Having a faster processor is great, and all. Not sure how that makes a weather widget or a phonebook or a twitter client any better though - it's not like youre numbercrunching or running state-of-the-art 3d games or anything.

6. _MarkC

_MarkC Well-Known Member

I'd tend to agree with the above. A faster processor is, in all likelihood, going to drain your battery even quicker.

I'd rather ask the question: what is it that the Legend will do that your Hero cannot do? And then ask yourself: will that help me?

Better to wait 2 years when the cycle comes around. There is normally a perceptable difference in capabilities then.

BTW - I have just discovered I can make telephone calls on my Hero. Is that cool or what?

7. Trent

Trent Member

You know, two people said something similar today, "is that a phone as well":D

8. chris4chelsea

chris4chelsea Well-Known Member

once the legend is out, there could be something else u want to wait for... if u think hero can do the things u want then go for hero or even wait till legend is out then u get the hero at a (maybe) cheaper price...

fyi, i have a hero and i want to have n1, coz i m addicted to new tech...