Get More HTC Sense Widgets in 2.1Support

Last Updated:

1. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Go to 'Add a Widget' and select 'Get More HTC widgets'.

HTC Widgets available as of 5/21/2010 are;

And now that the scenes change pretty fast on my 2.1 Hero, I hope they keep the new Widgets coming!!!

I wonder if developers can contribute HTC Sense widgets? Is there a Sense SDK?

Advertisement
    Linoleum likes this.
  2. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Iget "Unable to download widgets, Tap to try again" And it continues to do this after tapping. Tried wi-fi also. I'm using 2.08.1

3. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

that has never worked in any rom that I have tried.

4. dpeeps74

dpeeps74 Well-Known Member

i'm running fresh 2.1.1 and i checked out a couple of the widgets. my thoughts?

Note widget: i really don't need a note widget that takes up my whole screen. I like the concept of one of the other note widgets that let you choose the size, but ultimately, i haven't found any "note" type widget or application that really just seems to be what i want

profile widget: i prefer silentmode onoff to this htc on. i'd rather just press on the widget to change, and not get a pop-up that i then have to choose from.

tip calculator: seems the same as for 1.5, ultimately i'll never use it though.

as far as the other widgets, battery seemed cool when i had it, but did seem to be a drain, and at this point, i don't care, i have a battery icon in the taskbar..and the other ones, i just have no need for them

5. busboy789

busboy789 Member

I agree, way too big. You might try color note.

6. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Cheapo!!
    j/k lol

7. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

HTC widgets blow ass.

8. dhero

dhero Well-Known Member

The ones given to Sprint Hero users do - but I do like the ones they did for the MyTouch 3G, which are still Sense but worlds apart ... go figure. Load up the Zen ROM for Hero to see fer yerself.

9. JB in AZ

I presume you mean it has never workded for you on a custon ROM. I wonder why? One poster here says it worked on 2.1.1.

10. dpeeps74

dpeeps74 Well-Known Member

haha, i tip appropriately!

11. Droidone

I did say I in my statment. Not being rude but just pointing that out.....I have tried almost all the roms available. It didn't work on the version of Fresh I was running.

you can go into the market and search HTC to get extra widgets that work in 1.5 but not sure about 2.1

12. JB in AZ

No worries. :) I didn't take it to be rude. I am just tryng to figure out why I wasn't able to get the extra widgets using a custom ROM. :confused: I will have a look at the market. Thanks!

13. Droidone

sorry correction...search htc corporation. There is a dice widget, tip calclator widget, today in history widget, and the battery widget. Good luck

JB in AZ likes this.
  14. JB in AZ

Thanks! I wasn't realy looking for anything specific, but I always like to see what is available. More to the point, I was wondering if anyone knows why the "get more HTC widgets" doesn't seem to work with custom roms.

15. dasarp

dasarp New Member

I'm probably just being stupid here, but anyone know how to flip between multiple notes you've left yourself? I can add more than one post-it, but they get stacked upon each other, and I am not able to access previous ones until I delete the ones on top...

16. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

Yay for Return of the living dead thread!:D Seriously though, when I still used sense and the notes widget all I had to do to scroll through them was flick up on the top one and it would flick away to reveal the next note underneath it.

dasarp likes this.
  17. dasarp

dasarp New Member

Yup that works. I can't believe I didn't notice that. For some reason, I was trying to pan and scroll, but never flick.

18. tjnamtiw

tjnamtiw New Member

I downloaded a couple of HTC widgets, tip calculator for one, and wondered why they wouldn't work. I then scrolled down and read all of the MANY warnings about how anyone can access your info, use it to call internationally on your phone, etc, etc. What's up with THAT??? I don't care if it is legaleez or not, there is NO WAY I am putting any of that on my phone!

19. pinky gaur

pinky gaur New Member

Pls