Get online with your Kindle Fire through ur Smartphone(when there is no Wifi)Tips

Last Updated:

1. Android14

Android14 Well-Known Member

Update: Get online with your Kindle Fire through ur Smartphone(when there is no Wifi) - YouTube

Hello guys, I am trying to use my LG esteem as a hotspot to connect my tablet. So far, it is not working.

My tablet can only see wifi that is in infrastructure mode. I think all the apps I have tried only allow me to use ad hoc wifi mode.

Is there an app or some setting I have to change to allow me to use wifi infrastructure mode on this phone?

I have tried wifi tether, open garden wi fi tether and barnacle wifi tether apps.

Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.

I solved my problem:

Went here:

Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Had to use the wifi_tether_v3_1-pre101.apk which is still a version in progress.

Then in settings it says "Change Device-Profile" I clicked that and chose "LG Optimus S" as my phone. Yea I know we have LG esteem but it is not listed.

Once i did this, I clicked "press to start tethering" and my kindle fire can now connect with 4G speed through my LG esteem.

So, the officially released version does not have this option to choose phone, so you need to try a beta or experimental version of this program such as the ion I listed above in this post.

Spike15 and JustJamar like this.
  2. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

I just today tried to connect my buddys tablet to open garden today and my phone wouldn't even show up on his tab but shows up fine on my comp.
  3. Android14

Yea that is my problem. I have the Kindle Fire tablet and it can only see wifi that is in infrastructure mode. It can't see the ad hoc wifi hotspots at all.

My Lg Esteem so far when I use it for hotspot can only do ad hoc wifi with every app I have tried so that won't show up.

I have looked at this forum for other phones and see they have gotten their phone to be able to do hotspot in infrastructure mode, just wondering how I can do that with the LG esteem.

Hope somebody can tell me how to do this or if the phone can't do it or its in the works?
  4. Android14

Made a video update with instructions on how to do this
  5. JustJamar

JustJamar New Member

Followed the instructions you gave for your fix and worked perfect on my Esteem. After a day of searching around everything worked perfect. Though I just took the most recent version of the app. Which was located at the top of the page.
  6. NeoSabin

NeoSabin Well-Known Member

7. Spike15

Spike15 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much! I have tried it, and it has worked flawlessly. Now, I can use my LG Esteem as a hotspot for my Kindle Fire.