• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Get out of Facebook photo display

Frihet

Feb 18, 2011
I have a rooted NookColor. I'm using Zeam. If I look at Facebook photos, I cannot get out of the photo display mode. What obvious control am I missing? I did manage to kill Facebook using Application Manager. When I restarted, all was well, but if I look at photos, I will be stuck again. As a result of the use of Application Manager, it is now stuck on Facebook. I must be missing some app shutdown control. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Sounds like you need a back button.

Try out button savior, its really easy to setup and get running, it basically adds a tiny tab to the side of your screen that when pressed, brings up the Android Key Buttons: Back, Home, Search, Menu.

I think Button Savior will work. I will try it. I figured out that left swiping the bottom of the screen (where no buttons are shown) in the app manager appears to work like a back button for that application. So, I can back out of the app manager after killing Facebook. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I tried Button Savior. It's a nice app. I'll keep it, but it does not get you out of the Facebook photo loop. The Button Savior back arrow does nothing in that situation. I think the Facebook app is simply screwed up. Unless, of course, I am a total idiot and cannot figure the puzzle out.

Upvote 0
I tried Button Savior. It's a nice app. I'll keep it, but it does not get you out of the Facebook photo loop. The Button Savior back arrow does nothing in that situation. I think the Facebook app is simply screwed up. Unless, of course, I am a total idiot and cannot figure the puzzle out.

That must be the app, I have used both Softkeys and more recently Button Savior, and both have worked to back out of certain screens.

try rebooting the Nook, or reinstalling Facebook.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones