• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Get rid of auto-periods in Gingerbread Keyboard (Cyanogen 7)

Im using the Gingerbread Keyboard on Cyanogen Mod 7 RC2.

Whenever I double tap spacebar accidentally it automatically puts a " . " period. Anyway to get rid of it?

xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] Gingerbread Keyboard .. Spacebar and Period

If you can't see the post because you have to login (and you don't have a login):

"I found that if I make the settings key always hide and move the mic key to the symbols page it makes the spacebar a bit longer and easier to hit w/o touching the period. might be worth a shot for you guys."

I did this and it works.

You think you're hitting spacebar twice...and that may be true, but often you're just hitting the space BETWEEN spacebar and the period, and it's registering as a period. That was my issue and with the above adjustments (mic key to symbols key, settings button hidden) I no longer have this issue.

Try it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones