Get rid of visual voicemailGeneral

1. John Jason

John Jason Well-Known Member

I have no use for visual voicemail. Like, what is the point? It seems much simpler just to select the voicemail and have the phone immediately call to listen to it.

I've looked everywhere, but I can't find any way to disable or uninstall visual voicemail. Is it possible and, if so, how?

Advertisement
    :
  2. HothTron

HothTron Member

I would call the carrier your on, they have to disable the feature as well
  3. selmerdave

selmerdave Well-Known Member

The point of visual voicemail is to be able to listen to voicemail when offline, say in a subway or plane. Useful for me.

Dave
  4. John Jason

Thanks for the observation. I get dragged kicking and screaming into a plane for a couple hours an average of once every three years (hate travel), and the longest tunnel here is less than 1 km. So visual voicemail is not only useless to me, but detrimental, since it requires more actions before I can actually listen to the voicemail. Before visual voicemail I could just touch the voicemail and it would automatically dial the carrier and I could listen to the voicemail. Now I have several actions before I can get it to dial.

I notice that there was no visual voicemail on my Note 3 until after the Kit-Kat update. Now I wish I hadn't upgraded.
  5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

That's weird... I did the update and I still have Visual Voicemail in my app drawer.
  6. John Jason

Umm, I must not have made something clear. I did NOT have visual voicemail before the update. I was very happy because I don't like it. Now I DO have it, and I wish I could get rid of it.
  7. TexasRelic

TexasRelic Active Member

Have you tried opening the app and turning it off? If you go to the T mobile Visual Voice Mail app and then to the settings you can turn it off.
    John Jason likes this.