Get Seidio's Attention with a BBB reportAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Liquoredolce

Liquoredolce Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Alright guys, I'm sick of it.

There are multiple threads on here of customers that have had problems with Seidio's Innocase II. The problems consist of scratched phones, loosely fitting cases, and peeling cases. Seidio did a great job replacing the loosely fitting cases with new ons that they put a rubber coating on, but now that we are all having problems with peeling cases, they are telling us basically that it's not a known issue and that we have to pay for shipping to get them replaced.

I don't know about you, but when I pay $30 for a piece of plastic, I expect it to maintain its look for more than a week. This is my THIRD case, and in less than a week it's started peeling. I know MANY on here have had the same issues, and for Seidio to say that they won't pay for shipping to replace them because it's not a "known" issue is absurd.

This company has had the same issues across many of its lines with many different phones, and despite all of the complaints has largely maintained the stance that it's not their problem until it because WIDELY public, at which point they usually decide to act on it (that was the case with rubberized cases across multiple phones, even after fixing it on the EVO they claimed it was not a known issue for the INC and took a while to finally fix it for us too).

My recommendation is to get Seidio's attention by filing a claim with the Better Business Bureau. It's easy to do, and is very effective when informing others of the dangers of the company. I do NOT believe that this company has been honest and forward with all of its customers in MANY respects, and I believe future customers deserve to know that up front.

Now let me be clear, I do NOT condone fraudulent claims, as the BBB is a very serious step, however I do believe that MANY customers on here have very serious complaints, and this is a great way to get the company to take their consumers seriously and forcing them to face their faults.

Please do not attack them in a fraudulent manner, but simply state your claim and all the facts that have lead up to your current one. I know that I am going to do so shortly as I do not feel that it is my responsibility to pay for shipping on a product that has been defective since day 1, especially by my third defective product.

Just for your information, this is the most recent response I've received about my defective product as well as a link to another thread which states the issues had by MANY customers.

"While I wish I could accommodate your request, we cannot make the exceptions and send out shipping labels after 14 days. Customers are responsible for shipping the defective unit back.

All of the cases goes through extensive testings and we have not seen any peeling issues with our test units. Please note that you should not use any household or industrial cleaners to clean the case.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact customer service at 832-204-1118.

Regards,"

http://androidforums.com/incredible-accessories/136639-seidio-innocase-issues.html

Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

You would think that after 3 returns they would be a little more accommodating with you. There's a user on here to represent Seido named "SeidoSeido." You could try messaging them there as well to see if you can get a better response.

3. Liquoredolce

Liquoredolce Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did, that's who I've been talking to as well as emailing the company. The response I quoted was from the rep. Many people are in the same boat with their second or third replacement having the same problem, and they're all getting the same response.

4. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

While I was waiting for my phone to show up (I bought it when the month long back order was going on) I researched cases. The Seido was my #1 choice (appearance wise) but after further research I just found WAY too many complaints about the case scratching the phone to feel comfortable with the purchase. I ended up getting a TPU case instead. Which I love, FWIW.

I had weeks to do research into cases so I guess I was lucky. I am sure many people just have to make a quick decision and get the first one that peaks their interest. It really sucks. It seems that my backorder was a bit of a blessing in disguise... :)

I realize that they replaced people's cases with "fixed" ones (added rubber coating) but IMO that doesn't correct the issue that they caused. It is still thanks to THEIR product that many phones out there are permanently scratched and can't be repaired. A new case isn't going to fix that, it just covers up a $500 mistake.

Add to that the pretty damning evidence of their fraudulent battery capacity claims and I am certain that they are a company I will never do business with.

5. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

6. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member

Also glad I did some research. The Innocase active was the right case for me, and didn't have this issue. However, I would never touch their Surface cases, or their batteries. They are absolute garbage relative to what else is out there.

7. seidioseidio

seidioseidio Well-Known Member

Hello All,

Thank you for your comments and we value all the feedbacks that you have posted here. If you are having any issues with the products, please contact us via PM or phone at 832-204-1118 and we would be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

8. seidioseidio

seidioseidio Well-Known Member

Hello,

We are sorry about your experience and that you are not satisfied with our standard policies. We have forwarded your concern to a Supervisor who will be able to assist you further. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

9. athenslb57

athenslb57 Guest

The dumbest thing is having to send a case back first then they ship you another one, not mention how slow they are responding to a RMA requests. This will be my 3rd case and of course they won't replace it with an Active just the surface.