1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Get your Galaxy Attain for $99 bucks. (MetroPCS)Tips

1. ChiweN

ChiweN Well-Known Member Contributor

Hi all. I will be brief here. I messed up my indulge, and happen to have the metro guard insurance. I called in my claim and was told by Asurion that because the indulge is discontinued, I will be getting an Attain for the same deductible.

99 bucks for this upgrade is a great bargain ;-). Though I obviously don't condone cheating the system, if something did happen to go tragically wrong with your indulge lol... brand new attain for cheap :-D

Don't ask for an attain, they will offer it. They may offer an esteem if you don't specifically ask for the attain, I don't know.

Food for thought.

Advertisement
    :
    nps531, raysfan and n4zty like this.
  2. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

wow good post! Great info! ill tell my buddy about it.
  3. Krew

Krew Well-Known Member

What do you mean by messed up the indulge? Did it fall? was it a software related issue?

I want to do this, but I didn't understand you.
  4. ChiweN

My indulge was physically damaged yes. It has to be physical to use the insurance, otherwise they tell you to send it back to Samsung.
  5. Krew

Krew Well-Known Member

Ah okay thank you.
  6. ChiweN

You're welcome. Thanking me via thank button is even nicer :D
  7. TRS-80

TRS-80 Well-Known Member

I thought the deductible on the Indulge was like $120 or $130? Or did they lower it back down to $99 again because it's discontinued?
  8. ChiweN

9. nps531

nps531 Well-Known Member

OMG thank you so much for this info! i recently dropped my galaxy indulge, which i have been wanting to get rid of for a while now (i'm sure we all know why) and cracked the screen. i just read your post and called the insurance number, and what do you know they don't carry the indulge anymore :), offered me a galaxy attain. i talked with them about how i bought it when it was new for 400$ and been a loyal customer, she then put me on hold and told me she was able to upgrade me to the LG CONNECT! IM UBER STOKED considering i was about to drop 200+ on a new phone! i wasn't going to pay the insurance fee's when i could put another hundred or two down and get a better phone!
  10. ChiweN

You are most welcome, and lucky! I said the same thing you did, but they wouldn't budge on another phone other than the attain. I'm happy though, its a good phone,especially compared to the indulge lol. And dev is finally amping up.
  11. is_mah_yell

is_mah_yell Well-Known Member

Do'h, I just put my insurance claim in yesterday and their sending me the attain.
  12. ChiweN

You will still be happy with it.
  13. nps531

nps531 Well-Known Member

yeah you will still like it. i don't know how i was able to do it but she also said something about the insurance deductible being 99$ and i responded with how i am looking at the page and the lg esteem, connect, and the attain are all the same price.
  14. Pidasso

Pidasso Well-Known Member

whoopsie...... just called and cancelled my insurance on the 24th, figured if my indulge does get damaged I might as well upgrade then