get your Ymail! to sync even in wifiTips

Last Updated:

1. UnSmartphone

UnSmartphone Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok so this seems to be the best email app after trying a few out... the winner "K-9 mail"... After i figured out that the default email app couldnt sync my yahoo mail while i was using my wifi mode i started the hunt :) this k-9 app gives me immediate alerts of my gmail (regardless of what polling Frequency i set) for its "fetching" settings.. And my yahoo mail will check at what ever polling frequency i set it at..
    Cool thing about this is i think it is better than the gmail app because you get an immediate alert (without having sync turned on)and best of all lets your yahoo mail sync while connected through wifi... runs smooth, has more customizations.. BUT be sure and turn off your notifications from the "gmail" app and the "email" app or you get double notifications.. :)

check it out youll be glad ya did

Advertisement
  2. UnSmartphone

UnSmartphone Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok so now i found this..didnt work for me but might for some.. When you add a yahoo account to your emails you can select manual setup, then select IMAP. Then for IMAP server enter: android.imap.mail.yahoo.com>security type is SSL>server port is 993

then hit next

for SMTP server enter android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com>security type will be SSL> server port will be 465

Now your email will sync even if wifi is on.

Let me know if this works for anyone... i still have to use k-9mail for my yahoo to sync while connected on wifi.

3. Fabusto

Fabusto Active Member

u sill there

4. MommaMary

MommaMary New Member

This worked for my Samsung Android Galaxy Prevail. Thank you so much!!! I looked everywhere and you are the only one to have the correct instructions!

select manual setup, then select IMAP. Then for IMAP server enter: android.imap.mail.yahoo.com>security type is SSL>server port is 993

then hit next

for SMTP server enter android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com>security type will be SSL> server port will be 465