• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting 410 Error with Marshmallow update

Jen Sharpe

Lurker
Jul 11, 2016
Good afternoon!

I am trying to update my Galaxy S5, and everytime it comes back stating that the download failed. When I got into settings it states an error code of 410. I called Verizon and they told me I would need to do a factory reset on my phone. I do not have a computer that I can download the software to assist in this via a computer

HELP!

Thanks!
Jen

Try clearing as much space as possible in the phone memory. If you can, move files (pictures etc) to the SD card if installed. If you don't have an SD card installed I would recommend it. Once you have cleaned up the phone memory try the download again. If you have to resort to a reset, you don't need a computer to do a factory reset. That can be done under settings. Be sure to have your contacts backed up (recommend gmail) and record all your passwords as they will be lost with a reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones