Getting a Desire in a few days time..

Last Updated:

1. Toms_dad

Toms_dad Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have finally come to the end of my patience with my current Nokia5800, and seeing as I was near the vend of my contract with Vodafone I decided to upgrade to an HTC Desire..
    Hopefully I wont be disappointed with this handset.
    As I'm completely new to Android phones, what do I need to be aware of when getting used to this new phone, or is it pretty straightforward. I spend quite a lot of time emailing and using the internet on my phone, what is this handset like for this function.
    Any advice for a newbie will be warmly received, Steve

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Hi Steve! I'll bet you're really excited about your phone! You SHOULD be! The Desire's hardware plus the Android experience? FANTASTIC!

Advice: Check around the HTC Desire - Android Forums section and feel free to ask question and to join the conversations!

Software: You can pick through my software, if you want, for suggestions. Just to warn you, I'm a software pig. ;) Steven58's Apps on the phone

Me? I want to warmly welcome you! I'm glad you signed up!

Steven

3. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Hi Steve & Welcome to the Android Forums - Cheers....;)

4. Toms_dad

Toms_dad Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the welcomes guys, my Desire arrived this morning.So far, so good..
    But I want to swap the micro sd card that came with it for my own 8gb cars.
    when i closed down the handset and removed to 4gb card and put it into my laptop i saw that there was some data on the card.Is it ok just to put my own 8gb card in the phone and carry on as normal. i've not rebooted the phone since taking the card out

5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

You're quite welcome!