Getting a Droid X is hectic

Last Updated:

1. MisterEff

MisterEff Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I preordered my phone from best buy about two weeks ago and I have received no word from them whatsoever. I called them a few times and they gave me the same story: "We have none in stock and we have no idea when we will get them in." So I got tired of it and decided to call the verizon stores around me every day since the 15th. I heard the same thing every day from each of the stores. "We do not have any in stock and we will be able to order some on the 23." I called yesterday and the corporate store said the same thing but an authorized retailer said that they were getting the shipment today. I didn't want to get my hopes up but I rushed home today to call all the stores again and the corporate store told me I could have them order it and they could ship it on the 27th. I was pissed but I decided to give the retailer a call and they said they had 2 left after a shipment of 20. I rushed to them only to be told the 2 were in another store in the next city over, not mentioning this when I called. After getting all the boring stuff done at that store I drove to the other city, picked up my phone and now I am enjoying my X. Just goes to show that the authorized retailers are sometimes better than the corporate store.

Also, I didn't know the full name was Droid Xtreme.

Advertisement