Support Getting a little laggy....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gnarlyDUCK, Jul 6, 2010.

1. gnarlyDUCK

gnarlyDUCK Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    How can i start trouble shooting? Im starting to get some random lag, similarly like the Hero was.

The only thing i can think of is all the downloaded app from market (most of it relating to OpenHome).
    If this is the case, isnt there a way to save stuff just to the SD?

Lag occurrences: Loading "All Apps", dialing numbers or answer/decline calls, sometimes pressing the screen for an option (but i think that is partly because of the screen protector).

Advertisement
  2. sh4o8kid

sh4o8kid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Try rebooting?

3. gnarlyDUCK

Oct 26, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Oh yea, almost daily. Ive also had some random reboots, not sure what happened, and i dont remember exactly what i was doing.

4. acp

acp Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I started having battery issues and other random issues, so I decided to go back to stock everything, no more handcent, LauncherPro, games etc etc... now if I want to use something I just quickly download it from the Market and delete it when I'm done. So far, I no longer have battery issues, lag issues or random force closes. I realize this is not the essence of Android, but at the end of the day I still have a beautiful screen, Sense widgets and peace of mind because I am not constantly monitoring battery life and trying to figure out which apps are causing battery issues.

5. Barats

Barats Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Male
    I see what you are saying but to me, that defeats the purpose of having an Evo. I almost do not even worry about the battery anymore. I have a car charger and the stock charger at home.

6. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    IT Engineer
    Cali
    See what is in the running services, this should show what is open and taking up resources.

7. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    already said in details...;)
    the right coast
    I went app and widget crazy!!!! when I started getting issues like those. I removed any widget I didn't really need. still have LOTS of apps, but reboot now fixes issue when I get it. I think widgets were killing battery and resources. SHAME TOO! cus I love them, even ones I don't use often, like having them present, for when I do.
    All other minor fix options were in-effective. choose a fave or 2, and closely watch if you add another, could be just 1 of them is the culprit, and not necessarily the widgets as a sum. idk for sure.

8. gnarlyDUCK

Oct 26, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Did this in the past, didnt really see many apps running. But how do we get apps to not run services at startup. I want apps like Fring, but i dont need it running 24/7 along with a few other apps.

9. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    IT Engineer
    Cali
    In Fringe options you can change the startup to false. Many apps have this option though not all. I usually just go into Running services and kill the app i dont need. Also just start uninstalling stuff you dont need.

10. denise1768

denise1768 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Mine has been a little laggy too. After the update, everything was running quicker, then the lag started which I never had before.

Where I see lag:

The search button.. there's a delay loading. It comes up in 3's.. first the top search menu, then the keyboard, then the results section.

The camera.. If I haven't used it for a little bit, I will see my wallpaper instead of going right to the camera. Also a delay in loading pictures.

Reboot.. Not sure why, but after the upgrade it take MUCH longer to go through the process.

That's all I can think of right now..

Tags: