Getting a little laggy....Support

Last Updated:

1. gnarlyDUCK

gnarlyDUCK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How can i start trouble shooting? Im starting to get some random lag, similarly like the Hero was.

The only thing i can think of is all the downloaded app from market (most of it relating to OpenHome).
    If this is the case, isnt there a way to save stuff just to the SD?

Lag occurrences: Loading "All Apps", dialing numbers or answer/decline calls, sometimes pressing the screen for an option (but i think that is partly because of the screen protector).

Advertisement
  2. sh4o8kid

sh4o8kid Well-Known Member

Try rebooting?

3. gnarlyDUCK

Oh yea, almost daily. Ive also had some random reboots, not sure what happened, and i dont remember exactly what i was doing.

4. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I started having battery issues and other random issues, so I decided to go back to stock everything, no more handcent, LauncherPro, games etc etc... now if I want to use something I just quickly download it from the Market and delete it when I'm done. So far, I no longer have battery issues, lag issues or random force closes. I realize this is not the essence of Android, but at the end of the day I still have a beautiful screen, Sense widgets and peace of mind because I am not constantly monitoring battery life and trying to figure out which apps are causing battery issues.

5. Barats

Barats Well-Known Member

I see what you are saying but to me, that defeats the purpose of having an Evo. I almost do not even worry about the battery anymore. I have a car charger and the stock charger at home.

6. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

See what is in the running services, this should show what is open and taking up resources.

7. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

I went app and widget crazy!!!! when I started getting issues like those. I removed any widget I didn't really need. still have LOTS of apps, but reboot now fixes issue when I get it. I think widgets were killing battery and resources. SHAME TOO! cus I love them, even ones I don't use often, like having them present, for when I do.
    All other minor fix options were in-effective. choose a fave or 2, and closely watch if you add another, could be just 1 of them is the culprit, and not necessarily the widgets as a sum. idk for sure.

8. gnarlyDUCK

Did this in the past, didnt really see many apps running. But how do we get apps to not run services at startup. I want apps like Fring, but i dont need it running 24/7 along with a few other apps.

9. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

In Fringe options you can change the startup to false. Many apps have this option though not all. I usually just go into Running services and kill the app i dont need. Also just start uninstalling stuff you dont need.

10. denise1768

denise1768 Well-Known Member

Mine has been a little laggy too. After the update, everything was running quicker, then the lag started which I never had before.

Where I see lag:

The search button.. there's a delay loading. It comes up in 3's.. first the top search menu, then the keyboard, then the results section.

The camera.. If I haven't used it for a little bit, I will see my wallpaper instead of going right to the camera. Also a delay in loading pictures.

Reboot.. Not sure why, but after the upgrade it take MUCH longer to go through the process.

That's all I can think of right now..