• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting a "Network Error" when trying to open Market

dmm5157

Android Enthusiast
Oct 13, 2009
Florida
I do have TA Utility, but haven't made any changes to it in the past few weeks. I was able to access the marketplace fine until this morning. Now I kee getting a message saying "A network error has occurred. Retry or cancel" and then it kicks me out of the Market app.

I tried opening TA Utility and switching it back to SD card, then to INT memory, several times to see if either would work, but no luck.

Is this just me having this problem or is something up with the Market this morning?

UPDATE:
Right after I posted this, I reset my phone and still had the same problem. then I decided to check my network settings. Turns out my mobile network was set to OFF!!! WTF?!?! Turned it back on and it's golden now.

Wonder what the heck that's about. I was getting e-mails up until about an hour ago. Not sure what kicked my settings off, but I'm back now, thank goodness.

Sorry for the false alarm.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones