Getting a NEW ERIS tomorrow...what apps/tricks should I do first?General

Last Updated:

1. BiggusDiccus

BiggusDiccus Active Member This Topic's Starter

OK I am finally going to get a couple ERIS phones for my wife and I tomorrow morning. I have been reading this forum for a couple weeks and I wanted to get your advice on what mods/apps I should make/install first?
    A little bit about me...I am a Family Practice Physician Assistant and I also work part time in an ER. I currently have a BB pearl 8130 that I have had for a couple years now. I have a few apps on it but rarely use them because it's not all that easy/quick to use. I also have an Ipod touch that I have loaded with medical apps that I will transfer over to my new phone. All of the apps I use seem to be available for Android except for epocrates - but according to their website this is coming "soon"...which could mean days or months. I wanted to have ONE device to use medical apps and actually use as a phone/web browser, and since I REFUSE to EVER deal with AT&T, and I really didn't like the keyboard on the droid, the ERIS seemed perfect. And now that Verizon is running a buy one get one free deal, with my $50 credit from Verizon I will be getting BOTH phones for only $49. :) My wife will probably only use texting and the basic smartphone tools - calender, text etc, so she is pretty happy with whatever...
    So I ask you experts and tiral and error veterans out there...what apps should I get first. What mods/tricks should I do to the phone first? What has been the best thing you have done with your phone?
    Thanks in advance
    Mike

Advertisement
  2. thelion

thelion Well-Known Member

You will certainly want Advanced Task Killer. Run it often if you want your phone to function. This baby does not handle multiple apps running very well (don't believe the hype).

3. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Read through the must have apps thread ... that has a lot of suggestions.

4. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

advanced task killer is a hog as well tho, advanced task manager seems to be the preferred way to go now.

5. Crimson770

Crimson770 New Member

funny how I have yet to use a task killer app and my phone works just as good if not better then people with task killer apps, stop giving your self OCD, its unhealthy to find your self going "CRAP I FORGOT TO CLOSE APPS QUICK TASK KILLER MAKE MY PHONE WORK AHHH NOOo!!!1" no just shut up its doesnt make a difference your stupid.

Edit : and on the positive side, Locale, Aloqua, AK Notepad, Pandora, Mabilo Ringtones, Backgrounds, My Coupon, are some useful Apps and as for games Buka, Totemo, Radiant, Raging Thunder, Labyrinth(if you want to smash your face into sharp objects) and most deffinatly Abduction, hope this helps!

6. teckn1caLity

teckn1caLity Member

The Linux kernel is does a great job at managing apps and tasks, an App Killer isn't necessary if you used a computer before and know how things work. Have fun with the phones.

7. HotSauceMagik

HotSauceMagik New Member

I disagree. I bought my fiance an ERIS and she borderline hates it. She loves the functionality of the phone, but finds that it freezes up a lot if she doesn't kill apps somewhat frequently. I've been telling her to take it back for a new one just to see if its this particular phone or the ERIS line in general.

As a guy, I have to say the DROID is the better option (much more expensive though).

8. Doheny

Doheny Well-Known Member

Get her an iPhone if you want her to be happy.

9. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, she won't be able to make/receive reliable calls on an iPhone. I just sold my 3Gs on ebay for this single reason. So glad to be away from AT&T, and their antique network.

10. spartan141

spartan141 Well-Known Member

i thought 3Gs was supposed to be the shizznit what happened to it.:p

11. Haywire

Haywire Well-Known Member

Droid happend baby! I sold my S as well.. The S stands for suck.