• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Getting a new phone in couple of months.

Fonseca

Android Enthusiast
Mar 11, 2010
So I have never had a smart phone, but I am moving to Sprint when my contract is up at Verizon. I have looked at the Samsung Moment, but I am still unsure. What are the pros/cons to your Samsung Moment? How is the touch screen? Is the keyboard worth the extra bulk? How is the custom kernel community?

How is the touch screen?

--It works, pretty responsive, scratch resistant, and easy to clean off with a shirt. And also the colors are very nice looking compared to most other screens imo.

Is the keyboard worth the extra bulk?

--Once again IMO it definitely is, although it doesn't seem to bulky to me it fits in my pocket just fine.

How is the custom kernel community?

http://www.sdx-developers.com/index.php
--
The custom kernel community isn't as big as the most popular devices but they are awesome, and have made the moment a much better phone then stock.

Upvote 0
It's an overall great phone in my opinion. I've owned a Blackberry and all types of other phones and I like this one the best. It's up to you and you can even hold out for the EVO 4G that is coming later but this phone rocks. I tried the Hero but I'm the kind of person that needs a physical keyboard. With input methods such as Swype, you'll probably see less phone with a keyboard but if you like them, this is the phone for you.

Upvote 0
if you have the choice personally i would get either the evo or nexus 1 while the moment is ok the evo and nexus1 will both blow the moment away,i just wish i would have known about these 2 phone when i got my moment because i would have waited for one of them.

I may not have the funds for the Nexus One or Evo though; that is why I am trying to get some information on the Moment. ;)

Upvote 0
I may not have the funds for the Nexus One or Evo though; that is why I am trying to get some information on the Moment. ;)

ok i can understand that..so i just flashed caulkins rom and it made my moment very responsive and got rid of all the garbage that i didn't want but as i said before if you can i personally would wait for the evo and see how much it is or atleast wait till 2.1 hits the moment to see where its going to go plus there are already pics of the moment 2 out not sure of te specs but you might be better off waiting just my opinion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones