Getting a Replacement because of severe dialer lagGeneral

Last Updated:

1. eriscentro

eriscentro Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since 1.5 (but more of a problem in 2.1), the dialer on my eris is usually so laggy that it takes over half a minute to initialize a call. I'll click on a name in the dialer, the keyboard disssappears, and the button that says "call" just stays there. I hear no noise coming from the phone after I start the call, the notification doesn't appear in the top bar, and the dialer doesn't transition into the "on the phone" screen. The delay is so long that I can usually click the person on the dialer 5 or 6 times and dial the number on the keypad, and still it won't dial. Sometimes, the phone just won't dial at all. I'm currently on 2.1 v3, but I've had the problem since 1.5, but it got really bad in 2.1 v1. Is is possible that I could get a refurb because of this, and is the refurb free? I would like to fix the lag on my current phone, but a refurb is fine with me (ROOT!!!!) :D

Advertisement
  2. Zerethusta

Zerethusta Well-Known Member

Does it still do it after a fresh factory reset, with no additional apps installed?

It could be a matter of you installing memory hog apps.

If not, that sounds like a very valid reason to me for replacement.

3. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

You can take it in and show them, but they will have you do a factory reset before they will give you a new one. You might as well try it now so if that doesn't work you can tell them you truely have tried everything. I have a sneaking suspicion that a factory reset would fix it. It is most likely software related.

4. tgulch22

tgulch22 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with Sense and Helix launcher. The newest Zeam 1.24 has a snappy dialer..NO LAG at all...click the name and you can hear it ringing a split second later and then the screen changes right away to the in call screen...