• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Getting a replacement Moment

neutron

Feb 8, 2010
Well, the Sprint Store had to order a replacement Moment for me since my completely stock 2.1 Moment has been having so many issues as of lately. The latest one being text message receipt. Yes I have auto retrieval turned on yet after a while the only way for me to get a text message was to restart my phone. This is after dealing with the CDMA lockup after being on WiFi, and constant battery drain issues.

I'm really sick of this phone. How many replacements will Sprint do before allowing a change to a different model?

We have been told 3, but then they only want to change you to a Hero or another Moment. My wife has been trying to get out of her's, but does not want a Hero since it has no keyboard.

I hope you have better luck with your replacement, I just got one yesterday and the USB port is junk, I have to plug it in just right and hope it don't move to get a charge, so I'll be calling the store here in a few minutes when they open to have them order me another phone.

Upvote 0
Yep, picked it up at lunch today. Not sure if it's refurb or new. The Sprint guy didn't know. It looks new but looks can be deceiving.

I just got my stuff restored. All they transferred were my contacts, but I lost all of my pics for my contacts. :(

I sure hope this phone works properly. I'm not counting on it though.

Any way I can get Sprint to bend a little and allow me to get a replacement phone other than the Moment?

Upvote 0
Yep, all Sprint will do at this time is to give me a $100 credit on any new phone EXCEPT for the EVO and Epic 4G. You've got to be kidding me....

EDIT: Customer Retention is refusing to budge. The supervisor there told me my only option was to swap it with yet another Moment. I have to limp along on this phone for another 2 months until 1 month before my upgrade is due. My wife's Moment is even worse and I don't want her to have to limp along for another 15 months since her phone is the second line. The rep was pretty rude about it too.

Upvote 0
Yep, all Sprint will do at this time is to give me a $100 credit on any new phone EXCEPT for the EVO and Epic 4G. You've got to be kidding me....

The Evo is the best thing out there and its flying off the shelves. I think Sprint is regreting putting a great phone out there like the Evo. Ticks me off cause the guy in work upgraded from a Lotus to the Evo after 3 years and he can sit there for almost 3 hours playing with his phone watching movies and playing on the internet while Im recharging my battery on my moment after 20 minutes of using it. Ever since I upgraded to the new Andriod 2.1 my battery went from bad to worse.

Upvote 0
The Evo is the best thing out there and its flying off the shelves. I think Sprint is regreting putting a great phone out there like the Evo. Ticks me off cause the guy in work upgraded from a Lotus to the Evo after 3 years and he can sit there for almost 3 hours playing with his phone watching movies and playing on the internet while Im recharging my battery on my moment after 20 minutes of using it. Ever since I upgraded to the new Andriod 2.1 my battery went from bad to worse.

Sprint is regretting the Evo? What? It's probably singularly responsible for Sprints first positive custome retention and groth numbers in ages. Sprint loves the Evo. Also, there's something seriously wrong with your phone or miraculous with that Evo if it's getting significantly worse bat life. If there's one weakness in the Evo, it's poor battery life. My Radioactive 1.8.7 equipped Moment has very similar battery life as my neighbors stock 2.1 Evo. It might even be slightly better.

Upvote 0
My other favorite response from the customer retention supervisor was this: I had asked her since she says the Moment is one of their premier phones why is it that Samsung and Sprint have given up on it and publicly announced that 2.1 is the last update for it, considering the phone hasn't even been out a year yet. All she could say was she had never heard that announcement.... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Also, there's something seriously wrong with your phone or miraculous with that Evo if it's getting significantly worse bat life. If there's one weakness in the Evo, it's poor battery life. My Radioactive 1.8.7 equipped Moment has very similar battery life as my neighbors stock 2.1 Evo. It might even be slightly better.

I agree. I never had that issue on my moment, and 3 hours is not an issue on my Evo. The difference in battery life should be negligible, maybe slightly in the Evo favor, but nothing worth bragging over.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones