Getting a Replacement Phone in Store?

Last Updated:

1. kentl901

kentl901 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone been successful in getting a replacement done in store?

With the inventory of Droid X being very limited, would stores be unwilling to use their available units as replacement units? I'm sure they would much rather sell it along with a new contract/upgrade.

Advertisement
  2. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

My gf is waiting for a replacement. They told her today they would put one aside when they get their next shipment in and call her....hopefully it won't be long because her phone keeps randomly turning off for no apparent reason

3. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

i have a question on replacements. If for some reason you do need one...say within a week or two of getting it would you get a refurb or a brand new one? I bought my Thursday and i have had a speaker buzz during phone calls since the day i got it.

4. jbhumph

From my understanding, it depends on the insurance you have...but this early into it you'll most likely get a brand new one no matter what. If you go through VZW you will get a new one for sure

5. neoxfl

neoxfl Active Member

Hi,
    I had some issue with my camera, so When i went back to the store they did ship a new phone to my home,unfortunately it wont ship before 27th WTF!!! I was first one to get the phone in store and that had to be bad!!!!

6. jbhumph

It's basic economics, unfortunately....supply and demand. This phone is very sought after and they're trying to ship them out ASAP...at least it's not the 4-6 week wait of the Incredible....yet lol

7. trophynuts

I had planned on going through verizon anyways. I have the 7.99 a month insurance.

8. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

First 30 days they replace your phone with brand new. Part of "30 days worry free guarantee".

9. trophynuts

I was thinking it worked something like that.