getting a replacement phone - what is the easiest way to transfer everything over?Support

Last Updated:

1. ajbowman

ajbowman New Member This Topic's Starter

I will be getting a new phone on Wednesday - my speaker is blown and verizon is sending a replacement. I know I can transfer my SD card over and transfer all my data like that... but is there a way to "clone" the phone to my PC and then put EVERYTHING on the new phone? Any suggestions are welcome.

Advertisement
  2. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

I would just Appbrain it. Settings should be reset.

3. winstonoboogie

winstonoboogie Well-Known Member

I use MyBackup Pro. The app will back everything up on the phone to the cloud or SD card. Wallpapers, home screens, contacts, apps, SMS/call history-- everything. Restore is usually flawless, but takes a few minutes. The only thing it sometimes has problems with is restoring widgets. I usually have to manually re-add them for them to work properly again.

I've done 3-4 resets now and this app impresses me every time.

Good luck! and sorry about your speaker.

4. Lw00d

Lw00d Well-Known Member

How did you speaker blow out. if you don't mind me asking?

5. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

Mine speaker did the same thing for no reason what so ever just got worse and worse over the course of a day.

6. Jwick

Jwick Well-Known Member

I recieved my phone on 7/13 on 7/16 my speaker blew. From the time I got my phone (7/13 in pm) to when it blew (7/16 in am) I had recieved 4 phone calls and got a few notifications, one phone call was that morning and the speaker worked just fine. In the afternoon I went and checked on my phone and saw that I missed calls and notifications. Tried to call myself and it didnt ring. After further investigation I found that absolutely no sound came out of the speaker. My volume control was only set to 50% so I have no idea why it blew. I am currently awaiting my replacement, supposed to be delivered by 7/20.