Getting a replacement. Question about battery and backup.General

Last Updated:

1. letters

letters Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am getting a replacement phone. Can I keep the battery from this phone since it is already broken in and just send the new battery back with the old phone? Also is there anyway to backup everything on the phone including apps and settings? In general what is the best way to backup the phone?

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I know that with refurb phones, they send you JUST the phone; no back plate, no battery, nothing, just the main body of the phone. I would maybe call their 800 number and ask to be sure though. Or just send the new battery back with the old phone if they're sending you a brand new phone.

3. sontaikle

sontaikle Well-Known Member

How are you getting the replacement? Whenever I went through asurion with my phones they always wanted JUST the phone back, not the battery or charger (worked out great for me, getting extra batteries and chargers).

4. surfboard3r

surfboard3r Well-Known Member

I have already gotten a replacement phone. It was brand new in the box. I don't know how to back up the phone but when my phone came and i put the new battery in and turned it on the battery was already fully charged. Odd. They probably wouldn't be able to tell if you put the old battery back in the box.

5. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

I got my replacement in the local Verizon store. It came in a new box.

6. Bundy

Bundy Well-Known Member

What about backup? Anyone?

7. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Theres no good way of backing things up without rooting. But you can backup your contacts and etc so you don't have to reenter them. Setting up a new phone can be kind of a pain. The best thing to do is install appbrain so you know which apps you had installed. The paid apps will show in the downloads section of the appstore but free apps won't show. Just be sure to print out a list before syncing your new phone or it'll erase and replace the apps on the apps list.

8. Bundy

Bundy Well-Known Member

2 things - 1: I can't believe there is no settings/options/messages/apps/everything backup for Android. 2: What happens when an update, say 2.2 comes out? Do you have to start from scratch then too?

9. Haelous

Haelous Well-Known Member

What about MyBackup Pro? It's $5 on the market and works pretty well. If you do a search on the forums for 'MyBackup' you'll get a lot of hits.

2.2 should not require a fresh start. 2.0 > 2.1 on the Droid did not.

10. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

Keep them both tell them the battery was missing from the new one if they say anything.

11. letters

letters Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I like the way you think.

12. AZRadiohead

AZRadiohead Member

We're going to swap out the wife's phone due to a squishy power button and the plastic lens [cover] on the camera protrudes on one side and is recessed on the other making for a sharp almost hole cutter from the camera housing. I have Astro file manager/explorer and it has a backup built in that I tested on mine and it appears to have backed up all my apps to the SD Card and then allows you to re-install them. I hope it works as planned when we replace her phone... Either way it will be MUCH less installing than we had with out blackberry's. Also if you have your Contacts and Calendar sync'd with google they should just sync up when you enter your logon information into the new phone.