• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting a replacement....

sx4dude2013

Android Expert
Jul 15, 2010
Georgia
So today I noticed my Droid X has a small smuge/faded out spot ONLY on white screens...About the size of half a penny on my lower 1/2 of the screen. :mad:

I REALLY REALLY hope I get a good X.....

When I get it, should I SBF the orginal x? I have heard horror stories from replacement devices....REALLY nervous. :(

LOL you and I are in the same boat.. I just called them today also because this gingerbread update has screwed my old phone up! THey said they are sending me a new one with the update on it and tested... Dunno if that is a repalcement with the update or truley a new DX... goodluck with yours also....

haha! How is yours being shipped? Supposedly mine will be overnighted so im hoping to get it tomorrow. And my new case is supposed to be here Wed so I guess it worked out well. lol

Upvote 0
So far I like everything about the update except that I now have a "sync" symbol on my notification bar all the time. I suspect the phone is continuously syncing because my battery life drastically decreased. Even if I turn off the sync on my power control widget I still have the symbol. With no change in usage, I went from charging every night to having to charge 2 and sometimes 3 times a day.......any ideas?

Upvote 0
Got my replacemnt today around 3 :)
So far so good!
The buttons have a "new" "Click" when pressing them and I was able to get the new phone SBF'ed and back up on rooted Apex 2.0 :)

So far so good. My new case comes in tomorrow. :)

Screen looks great, camera works, wifi works, everything appers to be great. Im a happy camper!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones