Getting a replacement?Support

1. Marialle

Marialle Well-Known Member

What exactly is covered under the one year warranty?

I dropped my phone in the aquarium...if I can't get it to work, is water damage covered by the warranty? Has anyone gotten a triumph replaced after water damage?

It was also rooted and had MIUI...hope that doesn't cause any issues. :/

Advertisement
    :
  2. shimdachef

shimdachef Active Member

Just call VM up and tell them that your phone isn't working. They should send you a new one
  3. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

You void any warranty by rooting your phone. You can still try to call and see if they would replace it. But seeing that you dropped it in water, I would doubt it. The one year warranty is supposed to cover manufacturing defects and the sort, not accidents you cause yourself. All that said, give them a call and see, just be truthful about what happened and all that.
  4. Marialle

Well, it took two calls but I have a replacement on the way. First guy said I couldn't get it replaced since I didn't have insurance on it. Called again and the guy spoke with his supervisor or something and turns out I can get it replaced under the one year warranty, even though I dropped it in water and it was my fault. They're also sending me a new battery and letting me keeping the old one. Crazy.
  5. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

As long as you are truthful about it, there is nothing wrong with trying and seeing what they will do.

Glad you got it sorted out. :D
  6. TriumphLance

TriumphLance Well-Known Member

They are pretty lenient on returns thats for sure
  7. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

That's pretty cool... Although I wouldn't trust the old battery personally... Water does some nasty stuff to circuitry... That's probably the only reason they're sending you a new battery because there is no guarantee that your battery will work...
  8. Marialle

Yeah, I'm surprised they replace water damaged phones. I doubt any contract company would.
    And if the old battery works I'll keep that one as a spare. The guy said I don't have to send the battery back.