Getting a symbol of a phone with a red triangle and an exclamation point...

1. aliveon2legs

aliveon2legs Well-Known Member

I successfully obtained S-Off with Revolution. After that my intent was to try to get root using the SU zip file from the Revolution website. The first time I tried to go into recovery I got this icon, but it went away after a couple of minutes. When I tried to install the SU zip it failed, though.

The second time I tried to go into Recovery I accidentally did a factory reset, as my volume button tends to scroll down twice when you hit the button once. :banghead:

After it was done resetting I went back into HBOOT again. It was still set to S-Off. I tried to go into Recovery once more and got the triangle symbol again. This time it doesn't seem to be going away. It's been there for a half hour or so, now. I'm afraid to pull my battery because of a bricking experience I had on a previous phone.

I need some quick advice! Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

ocnbrze and aliveon2legs like this.
  3. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

No worries, thats just the stock recovery, you haven't flashed a custom recovery yet. :)

Follow the instructions that RXpert posted above and you'll be good to go. ;)
    ocnbrze and aliveon2legs like this.
  4. aliveon2legs

aliveon2legs Well-Known Member

Thanks, that worked. :thumbup:

Now for choosing my ROM...
  5. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

Did you get amon ra? If so you're on the right track. For a first time rooter, I'd suggest MikG 3.11.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator