Getting an Android phone

Last Updated:

1. Zonjer

Zonjer Active Member This Topic's Starter

In your opinion guys, which phone is the best Android phone? I'm looking at HTC phones in particular but free to suggest other brands too.

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Which carrier? Contract or unlocked? Do you want a hard keyboard? Which is more important ... screen size or pocketability? It will make it easier to make a recommendation.

The flagship phones of the major US carriers are as follows:

AT&T: Samsung Captivate
    Verizon: Droid2
    Sprint: HTC EVO
    T-Mobile: Samsung Vibrant

3. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Why do people bother to ask this question?
    There is no unified answer. There are many Android devices and many Android users, each has their own opinion based on their needs.

I suggest going to each of the device specific forums, read as much info as you need, and then make your decision.

4. Kabob

Kabob Well-Known Member

You need to pick a carrier and then go check the phones for yourself to get a feel for what you'll like.

Every carrier has their popular devices, what is "best" is a matter of preference.

5. Zonjer

Zonjer Active Member This Topic's Starter

Carrier doesn't matter. I want unlocked Android phone and I want first hand experience. Again I'm inclined on HTC phones but maybe I'm missing something from other brands like Samsung and LG.

Screen size is important so the bigger the better and I don't want hard keyboard as this will make the device heavy plus I'm not a heavy texter anyways.