getting an evo!

Last Updated:

1. kgc107

kgc107 Active Member This Topic's Starter

now here is the question.

No matter what I am going to get a screen protector. So I have a couple of questions.

What is better? Anti-Glare, Clear, or Invisible Shield

And is buying a silicone case even worth it?

Advertisement
    Kingkoa likes this.
  2. SkunkApe

SkunkApe Well-Known Member

cant give much advice on the screen protector seeing that im curious myself...however, the silicone a case would be up to you. If would protect it, but it will make the phone look a lot more bulky than it is. This is the same case with my hero now.

i myself will def be getting a screen protector, but i think im gonna pass on any sort of case for it....just gotta be careful with the phone.

3. kgc107

4. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I prefer the anti-glare only because of less finger-prints. The clear - I would think would have a better color reproduction. And InvisiSHIELD is I would guess in the "Clear" category.

In my opinion it's worth every penny in terms of price and protection. Some hardcases on the other hand are slimmer (less bulky) and I think they look better (matter of opinion). :)

5. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

I got two Zaag shields shipped for $23. One problem I have found with the screen covers and silicon case is the case tends to push up the corners of the cover. The case fits so snug and often times the cover hangs off just enough to get pushed up.
    Experience from iPhone.

6. SeauxCrazy

SeauxCrazy Well-Known Member

I'm debating the Zagg right now. I have it on my iPhone right now, but it discolored and it's kind of ragged looking after less than a year on it. If I can find a nice hard silicone case, that's thin, I think I'll add that.

7. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

8. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Just remember you have the lifetime warranty on the Zagg, so when you start to have issues have them send you a new one. I've used Zagg on my old iPhones, and when I'd peel them off you could see how dirty they'd become. It made me think about all the dirt and oil, etc that's gotten on them, and how all of that would've been on the phone if it weren't for the shield. :eek:

kgc107 likes this.
  9. kgc107

orderedit last night, think ill be happy with it

10. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

I've always been happy with mine. It adds a grippiness and has a bit of a rubbery feel, which I happen to like but some people don't. On my old iPhone I tried another type called "Stealth Armor" which was definitely more glassy in feel, but I didn't like it as much overall.

11. SB22

SB22 Well-Known Member

Ordered a 3-pack of BoxWave Crystal Clear screen protectors for under $30. (I have 2 EVO's coming, so I'll have a spare in case I need to replace a screen protector on one of them).

I have used BoxWave Crystal Clear screen protectors on various different devices for about 6 years now and LOVE them! One of the main things that I liked about BoxWave vs. another protector was the cut that BoxWave used for the EVO 4g. It does NOT have a cutout for the front camera and light sensor.

No idea if this will have an effect on the camera/sensor, but without the cutouts, the screen protector is less likely to be noticed. I doubt I'll be using the front facing camera much anyway, but if it does have a negative effect, I'll just get a different screen protector. I'm not anticipating any problems...hopefully that holds true.

12. Wrxdrunkie

Wrxdrunkie Well-Known Member

I like the ultimate screen guard by seido. From my experience Zagg and BodyGuardz decrease image quality, especially whites.