Getting Android-Wifi-Tether to work with Sprint 2.1 RUU

Last Updated:

1. mobilehavoc

mobilehavoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I went from a stock 1.5 to 2.1 using the Sprint 2.1 RUU and all is well. I understand it's a dev build and as such is already root but when I trying installing android-wifi-tether (both 2.0 and 1.6) it all looks well except when I touch the icon to start and it fails. The 1.6 version did report I didn't have root.

What do I need to do in ADB/shell to ensure the proper permissions are there for AWT? This is the last thing I want to get working and I'm happy.

Do I need to remount the filesystem as rw? Add superuser? Not sure what's needed.

Please help.

Advertisement
  2. AmericanHero

AmericanHero Well-Known Member

Yes, this would be great to get working on the RUU. Barnacle WIFI actually starts up and runs, but there is no visible adhoc to connect to. Hope this is a possibility for the RUU.

3. AmericanHero

AmericanHero Well-Known Member

Here it is...

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/61828-leak-pre-2-1-a-7.html

xbrokdikdogx posted this "how to" 2nd and 3rd post from the bottom off the page. I have not tried it yet, but will let you know...

EDIT: Can't seem to get this method to work. The SuperUser.apk does not want to come up and grant permissions. I have tried adb shell and issuing a su command to know avail.