getting apps from another persons phone?

Last Updated:

1. bcrtj457

bcrtj457 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

is there any way to get an app from another persons phone?

when my husband i got our phones back in the beginning of february, skype was available on the market. we both took our moments back and got hero's closer to the end of february. now skype is no where to be found on the market. is there a way to get skype from someone else's phone?

Advertisement
  2. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

If it's a non-protected app I use Astro File Manager to do this. Back up the app with Astro > Get the apk file from the backups/apps folder on the SD card > Put the apk in the same folder on the phone you want it on > And install it from the Astro application mananger.

There is probably a much easier way, but this works.

3. centauress

centauress Well-Known Member

If you still have the installation .APK on the card, you can use that. Otherwise, no.

Unless you are damn near a Developer guru, that is... or follow the guy at #2. ;)

4. mbaseball3

mbaseball3 Well-Known Member

or......you can download the qr code app that you can pull the qr from your downloaded apps. have your friend scan it with the bar code app, click download and voila! simple as sin. that's how my girl and I share apps without having to search market all the time.

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapawho