Getting Around Caller IDSupport

Last Updated:

1. valenoffw

valenoffw Guest This Topic's Starter

I just signed up with Telus and got a HTC Desire and I'm trying to avoid paying for Caller ID. I've tried saving my contacts on my sim card, my phone, and my sd card, but whenever someone calls me it always shows as unknown.

Is there a setting or trick to getting Caller ID for free? By the way, all my contacts were imported from my Gmail account where I have their full name, phone numbers, emails etc. Is this enough for my phone to recognize who is calling and show it?

Advertisement
  2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

If caller id is a charged for option by your network provider then i think you will be unable to get it for free

i am moving this to the appropriate section

3. EmperorKabir

EmperorKabir Well-Known Member

wow, you can actually be charged for caller ID? Will they charge us to breathe next? Which company are you with?

I don't mean to be patronising; the concept is just ridiculous!

4. AgentBEATS

AgentBEATS Member

I have the exact same problem as you. I signed on to Telus just last week and find it outrageous to have to pay an extra $8 dollars for caller id. Although the main reason for not wanting to pay that extra is that I do not have the spare cash to pay it in the long run, I still think $8 is too much.

I`ve been trying to find a work around, but none seem to work. I don`t want full caller ID just a way to see my own contacts when they call me.

5. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member

Wow, I had no idea some companies did that! That's appalling!! :O

6. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

I agree with you on that.
    I don't know of any mobile phone provider in the UK that charges for caller id, that is the domain of fixed line providers

7. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

North American providers charge for everything. I believe some also charge you (or used to) for receiving calls.

8. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member

Ha! That's actually really bad, I can't believe they can charge for those sorts of things. So what happens then, does the network block all caller ID's before they even reach the handset so everything just comes up as unknown or something?

It makes the UK providers sound like saints....