Getting back my apps from the Market?

Last Updated:

1. videonastie

videonastie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I recently had to send back my HTC Desire which was faulty. I used the backup facility on the phone, but it hasn't worked on my new one.:mad:

How do I get back (easily) all my apps I downloaded? I've gone onto the Market store & signed in, but there is only an update for Google Maps in my downloaded section?

Advertisement
  2. DrSuave

DrSuave Member

wondering about this as well

3. stewcp

stewcp Member

Are they not simply linked to your google account?

4. Ten10

Ten10 Well-Known Member

Free apps aren't registered against your account but any paid for ones will be.

5. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

I am in the habit of keeping a text note list of apps installed. Experience has shown that paid apps are always remembered. Free apps are remembered the FIRST time you use the Market after a reset/new phone, but if you close the Market before installing all your free apps then the remainder are forgotten.

6. Zarch

Zarch Well-Known Member

Have you tried signing up to Find great Android apps and games - AppBrain and installing the app on your phone?

Only been playing with it a few days, but seems a great way of tracking your apps and being able to browse all apps on your computer.

7. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

I have AppBrain and it's good for finding apps. But when I hard reset and installed AppBrain back on the device, I only seemed to be able to sync back to the server. In other words, the server lost the record of the apps I had - I did expect AppBrain to keep track and put stuff back. Maybe I was doing it wrong.

8. videonastie

videonastie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the help guys:) Decided to download them all again, as I haven't bought any apps yet.