Getting bad reception in a very good reception area? HELPSupport

Last Updated:

1. Se7enwolf

Se7enwolf Member This Topic's Starter

I just got the droid incredible a few days ago and have had be reception since where I only get like one or two bars while in town and barely one at my house. I took it to the verizon store in town and they said this county area has the best 3G coverage you can get and can not figure out why I am getting such low bars.

They need a roaming update thing twice on my phone but it did nothing. They said I would have to take it into a service station.

I was hoping I could find a fix for it on here before doing so since my phone is rooted.

Any ideas?

also I notice that the antenna is at the bottom of the phone and when holding it there, the reception drops even more.

Advertisement
  2. Smartphone

Smartphone Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about the problems that you are having. I have had my Incredible since April and I have had similar frustrations that cause my battery to drain very quickly. I am in a city that generally has great Verizon coverage.

I have had about 7-8 phones with Verizon in over the years and my coverage has always been great. I am often with other Verizon customers and they have significantly better signal strength for both phone and data. It is just not a bar problem as the call quality and speeds are much better on other people's Verizon phones (Motorola Droid, Blackberry, etc.). I have checked my wife's and cousin's Incredible and all 3 Incredible's have the same problem.

I bought a 3500 battery and it usually lasts me through the day. I am very knowledgable about and regularly check my apps to make sure that I do not have any battery hogs. The problem that I have with quality, speed, and battery are all directly related to the poor hardware or software (radio) issues with the Incredible. I love the phone so I just deal with these problems and use Wifi whenever possible. My problem is that I am on the golf course for hours a day which is where I have the most problems.

My plan is to get a newer phone (possibly 4G) when one comes out that I really like. Good luck with your problem and please share any solutions that you may find. I have read just about every battery / signal strength post on this and other boards and I have yet to find something that helps.

3. mike1

mike1 Well-Known Member

Natural problem with the phone most incredibles have this problem mine seemes to have gotten better with froyo though

4. Smartphone

Smartphone Well-Known Member

I should have also written that my phone also got slightly better with Froyo. I had to really pay attention to notice and it is still my biggest and only complaint with the phone.

5. Se7enwolf

Se7enwolf Member This Topic's Starter

I have found that doing the roaming update several times increases the reception little by little. Especially when in a new area. I now average 2 bars at my house and out in town and a city I get 3 to 4 bars.