Getting better Froyo battery life WITHOUT root accessSupport

1. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know I should root and someday I probably will. But this thread is for those WITHOUT root access.

Are there any tips for getting better battery life for those WITHOUT root access? All the tricks in the Froyo battery threads seem to require root.

(Seems like everything in this forum gets moved, so I just decided to save the mod some time :) )

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Have you checked some of the Tips from Epic 4G - Tips and Tricks - Android Forums ?

Yeap... threads get moved when in the wrong subforum.... oh well :D

That is to say, if it has to do with rooting then it belongs in the root subforum. If is a question or if assistance is asked for, it belongs in the support subforum. If it's a tip or trick that you want to share, then it belongs in the Tip subforum.
  3. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

This seemed to work for me. I was only getting 8 hours of standby when I updated to 2.2.1. After this battery training tip, I'm good for 16 hours.

To help with Battery Life you can do these steps exactly:

1) Turn your device ON and Charge the device for 8 hours or more
    2) Unplug the device and Turn the phone OFF and charge for 1 hour
    3) Unplug the device Turn ON wait 2 minutes and Turn OFF and charge for another hour Your battery life should almost double, I tested this on my pops evo and my epic...MAJOR DIFFERENCE
  4. anticitizenone

anticitizenone Well-Known Member

after the EXT4 conversion with root and the midnight rom I get about 35 hours standby and about 7 hours of heavy use with the screen on most of the time and turned to about 30% brightness

and the whole thing about turning it on and off and charging it a couple of times for certain amounts of time probably just resets something in the phone but actually doesent get better battery life

I suspect that if you go into your "battery use" section and write down all the numbers for usage and how long and all that stuff - then compare it to after you do this after the same amount of time ruffly for the same things there wont be any improvement

get these numbers and keep track of them at the end of each day and after about 1 week you should be able to see if any of those things work at all

the things are for my phone as follows - brightness is set to about 30% with auto turned off

current battery level - 50%
    time since unplugged - 15h49m24s
    display 71% - time on 51m12s
    voice calls 19% - time on 40m8s
    cell standby 8% - time on 15h49m24s - TWS 0% (this is the big battery drainer, if its high)
    phone idle 4% - time on 14h59m22s
  5. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

You would be wrong. My phone was lucky to last 6 to 8 hours in standby, after updating to 2.2.1. After applying the above mentioned battery training tip, my battery is lasting over 16 hours. I'm currently at 70% battery after unplugging from charger 11 hours ago, and not all standby either. I used GPS for 20 min., made several phones calls, surfed and sent text messages today.