Getting contacts on the Epic?Support

Last Updated:

1. ChaseQ

ChaseQ Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 15, 2010
    I have a Palm Pre and would love to move the contact over? Any sugetions on how I can do that?

2. rmingee

rmingee Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    The Sprint store might be able to help, but I think I heard the Epic doesn't support the mechanism they usually use. It's worth asking, though.

Are the contacts in your Palm profile on the Pre? If so, I know of a way to do it, but it requires a patch (which can be installed with Preware or a couple of other mechanisms). If they are on other accounts, like Google, Yahoo, LinkedIn, etc, you'll just have to sync those with the Epic as well.

The patch allows you to email all contacts on the phone as a vCard file, which can then be imported to Google, an dthen they would sync automatically to the Epic when you set up your Gmail account.

I have all my contacts in yahoo, except for a few stragglers I had in my Palm profile, so I used that to export the Palm profile contacts, merge them into my yahoo contacts, and then I had to buy YContact from the Android market to sync Yahoo contacts. I have an AT&T/Yahoo High Speed Internet account, so I need for my contacts to be on Yahoo for webmail.

Hope that helps. I know that was a lot of info without a lot of detail, but if you have any specific questions, I can try to elaborate.

-- robert
  3. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    You really don't need the Yahoo. I too have AT&T and was having all kinds of issues with Yahoo mail, I have had it for over 10 years and it worked great, but in the last couple of years, I noticed it was lagging big time. All my friends, family, and all the other things you sign up for had that address, so I didn't want to lose it. So what I did, is that I set my Google account to be the same name (except it is and I have Google checking it. It works great, it will even send it from that address if you like. It is another option, for those who might want to simplify their email.