Getting Desire. Software/accessories I'll need?

Last Updated:

1. mcnob

mcnob Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK, so I'll be picking it up (first android phone BTW) tomorrow from the Vodafone shop, just wondering if there's any PC software that i can use as an all-in-one package for music transfer, syncing, backup, contact management etc....if there is such a thing?!?! Is there any other software that might be useful???

Also, I'll be needing a spare charger for the office and one for the car. Are there any recommendations or will any of the dirt cheap options on Amazon do the job just as well?

Any old 16Gb SDHC card do as well?

Sorry to be such a n00b but I just wanna get all my little bits and bobs together before work next week.

Cheers.

Advertisement
  2. damuffinman

damuffinman Well-Known Member

I recommend DoubleTwist for music, it's modelled after iTunes so check it out.

Get a new pair of headphones too, the ones that come with the Desire aren't very desirable as well.

3. @ndrew

@ndrew Well-Known Member

Well worth investing in a case and screen protector.

4. mcnob

Oh with my job, a case and screen protector is a must......lol

Actually made the 12 mile trip to the Vodafone shop today only to find out that they haven't got any in stock, despite being told yesterday by telephone support that they had loads........peeved is not the word.

Been told by their upgrades team that they haven't even got any online either but if you try ordering one from the online store, it doesn't say out of stock or anything. They're happy to take the orders but not so quick to tell you about lack of stock.

Tossers.

5. SL4VE

SL4VE Well-Known Member

use the HTC sync to sync contacts and calender and iSyncR from the Market for music... job done. Doubletwist is good but not as reliable iSyncr rocks and its $2.99 i think, well worth it as simple, but it syncs with iTunes, depending if you have that

mcnob likes this.
  6. mcnob

Yeh, looks good cheers.

7. SL4VE

SL4VE Well-Known Member

no worries all the best