Getting error at "adb devices" command...stuck!

Last Updated:

1. Fenga Papit

Fenga Papit Banned This Topic's Starter

*UPDATE* Using the manual method I got to step 18 of copy and paste of the commands. But now I got the "read error (out of memory)" message while pusing the "flash_image recovery recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img" file.

What do?

Advertisement
  2. Heaterz16

Heaterz16 Well-Known Member

I would try extracting the sdk zip again to c: drive again.

Sounds like the commands are not located in the c:\android-sdk-windows\tools folder - could you have possibly extracted the sdk zip somewhere else on c: drive?

If that doesn't help it might be good to know exactly which guide you are following and are you trying this on windows, what version etc...

3. Fenga Papit

This is what I followed in the rooting guide: "Extract the files to your C: drive so that you now have the folder C:\android-sdk-windows" So I extracted the sdk zip to that folder. The asroot2 file and the image file are in C:\android-sdk-windows\tools, as it instructs to do in the guide.

So I need to be one directory up and go from there? Are there other errors in the rooting guide I need to be aware of?

Thanks.

4. Heaterz16

Heaterz16 Well-Known Member

If you extract to C:\ as it says you should then you should have the folder android-sdk-windows in the C: root directory. If you have that folder, within it you should have the tools folder - c:\android-sdk-windows\tools

Go into the tools folder in windows explorer - do you see the adb file in there - probably labeled as an application file?

Fenga Papit likes this.
  5. Fenga Papit

Thank you. ccapasso has been helping me in chat. Turns out I misunderstood where to place the files. I'll go ahead now that I have the files in the right place and see if I can joiun the "Rooted Hero" club tonight.