Getting Evo 4g for free ....

Last Updated:

1. ramonini

ramonini Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

wow lol my htc hero got completely destroy .. since i have the best buy black tie insurance took it today and i was told that they were going to send for repair but they knew it was un repairable . so i asked if i could get another phone like the evo 4g .. the guy said i could ... so happy lol i was planning on buying the phone at full price since i couldn't upgrade yet ..

Advertisement
  2. htc.EVOlution

htc.EVOlution Well-Known Member

bogus...

they can give you a phone like Evo 4G. another HERO! same android base

3. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Yup, sounds too good to be true, but who knows. If it's true, I'm happy for you, if your just pulling our leg, then shame on you.... lol

4. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Well-Known Member

If you had insurance, then you're not getting it completely free. But either way you're getting it way cheaper. WIN.

5. ramonini

well the guy told me that if i get it right there they would just give me the hero .. even though he said they ran out . but if i send it for repair and they say its not repairable i can pick any phone and just pay the difference if i had to . which i wouldnt since ill try to price match the sprint price .. if anything all i would pay would be like 60 bucks ... which is nothin ..

6. stroths

stroths Well-Known Member

Get it in writing from that rep if you can. I would hate for them to later state they never said that or that you misunderstood.

As for the price difference, I assume they are talking about the difference in retail prices between the two. I know that in the past, Sprint has based it off the retail price, but am not sure if BB does the same.

Hope it all works out for you.

7. Agent Jones

Agent Jones Well-Known Member

BS

first you said free, now you said $60?

either way have at it, good luck. its an awesome device, i LOVE it! battery sucks though

jamesdean likes this.
  8. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

you'll be paying for it don't worry. whatever it will cost BB to get you the phone you can be sure you will pay atleast that

9. Outrigger

Outrigger Well-Known Member

not to burst your bubble but you certainly won't be getting a just released flagship phone for free or next to nothing. the hero is still being produced, and as long as its being produced, you will get the same thing.

10. backdown

backdown Well-Known Member

Actually, if the phone is proven defective where they cannot fix your original phone, you have the choice to either replace that phone with that one, or you can pay the difference and get a different phone. I did this in the past.

ramonini and dandm4life like this.
  11. ramonini

well the guy told me that .. 2 different employees .. and i put the difference if i have to pay for any ... but at least im going to save money .. i was going buy it full retail price ..

12. dandm4life

dandm4life Well-Known Member

^This