Getting Fed Up - Music PlayerSupport

Last Updated:

1. mikevarela

mikevarela Member This Topic's Starter

I'm so fed up...

I open the music player to start playing music and it starts frantically skipping through songs and going crazy.

I restart and it still happens.

This also happens with podcasts in google listen. I'll be listening and all of a sudden it'll switch to another podcast.

I can't figure out why this is happening. On maybe the same note. i restarted and had the same music player issue, then went to Taskiller Free and found that all my apps were running...???? This is 2 min after a restart.

What's going on here.

I'm on stock Eris, no rooting.

Advertisement
  2. Ray.

Ray. Active Member

I haven't got a clue why that happens but you might wanna try the app called 3 also known as the cubed..search filipe that's his name and it should pop up as a music icon with a 3 beside it. Works great for me. It's In the market and free

3. jaboda79

jaboda79 Well-Known Member

Or MixZing free. 3 was cool, but it seemed to repeat the same songs to much IMO.

4. WineJones

WineJones Well-Known Member

Other people have reported that behavior with the music player.

I know it can be tedious but you might want to search this forum. I remember reading about it, but don't remember where since it didn't directly affect me.

Good Luck!

5. jps

jps Well-Known Member

6. mikevarela

mikevarela Member This Topic's Starter

any reason why Google Listen does the same thing???
    skip to next track when playing bac a podcast

7. Jezi_Buckz

Jezi_Buckz Well-Known Member

If you are using cheap headphones that might be the case, I had my phone do that when I was using a really cheap FM Transmitter, and when I would barely move it around it would start to skip. Like the headphone jack was working as a control for it, idk. I haven't had that problem with my headphones, but I know other people have.

8. skapooj

skapooj Member

I have the same issue when I am using a cheap FM transmitter, like the user above me. I have downloaded mixzing, but still had the same issues. Sometimes the stock music player opens itself up and starts playing a random song while mixzing is on! It plays fine when no headphones are being used, so it is obviously the fault of the jack (and cheap headphones/transmitters).

I wonder if there is a good music program that might not be susceptible to this jack problem?

9. tr11

tr11 Well-Known Member

The music player is very important to me. I have found that Double Twist is the best one I've found so far. It is very user friendly. Try that one out.

10. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

If you use Meridian, there is an option to disable headphone controls. Which should get rid of that problem while listening to music. I don't have the problem so I can't test it though.

11. psack

psack Member

I have tried a bunch of music players, and have used DoubleTwist to sync my iTunes library from my mac to my phone. Nothing ever really impressed me. Until I found mSpot. mSpot allows you to upload your entire iTunes Library to a cloud and you can sync your phone to it, therefore allowing you to play any song on your library on your phone with out it taking up space on your sd card. The music player is very smooth also. Give it a shot. I have even gone as far as to delete the stock music player off of my phone because it was junk.

12. ynozoe1014

ynozoe1014 Member

I use cubed. It gets all the album cover which is pretty cool. I changed the view mode to "wall" so I can browse my music easier. If you like pandora like playist with the music you have on your phone, then mixzing is great. I prefer to make my own playist so I use cubed's queue on click.

13. Jam11

Jam11 Member

If you have lots of music, most of it won't fit on the SD card. So you may want a solution that can play both local music as well music on your home computer. If so, try Jam11 and let us know how you like it.