Getting foreign phone in the US

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Earthmelon, Feb 17, 2017 at 1:35 AM.

1. Earthmelon

Earthmelon New Member

Feb 11, 2017
    Female
    ive searched countless hours looking for a new phone. i have finally found one but it can only be shipped to European countries. its the Allview P9 Energy. i live in the US. is there anyway i can get it to me. also would there be a problem with it working? it is a GSM. which is what im using now.

Advertisement
  2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby VIP Member
    VIP Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    It looks like the Allview P9 Energy would be limited to 2G reception in the US. 2G Networks are shutting down in the US and are expected to become extinct by 2021. If your currently using a 3G or higher network I seriously doubt you would enjoy throttling down to 2G.

mikedt and andMego like this.
  3. Earthmelon

Earthmelon New Member

Feb 11, 2017
    Female
    if you are refering to the blue map then the phone actually would get 3G. its hard for me to see too. but i opened up the map in paint and compared the shades of blue. besides it really isnt an issue because i only use my current 4G for GPS navigation.
    now that i know that, how would i be able to get the phone to the US. if the Allview site doesnt ship here?

4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby VIP Member
    VIP Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    It's called the Grey Market but after a lot of searching I could not find anyone shipping Allview products to the US. However as part of that searching it appears that BLU offers a very similar product. You can get BLU phones on Amazon. How about this one?