• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

getting google play store on china SGS2

Im in china and I just bought a samsung galaxy s2, which was a huge improvement from my uk bought htc wildfire.

The biggest problem atm is that it doesn't come with android market/google play store. i have to put up with the crappy samsung apps store.

now i have downloaded google play store apk (latest one), put it on my phone, installed it.

I open it and it says:

"you must add an account to the device to continue. do you want to add one now?"

I press YES and nothing happens. Im returned to the home screen.

I have gone to the account settings and tried to create/login my google account but there is no add/create a google account option.

I heard there was a work around with just adding my google credentials into Microsoft Exchange Server account thing but this has failed me.

Any ideas how I can solve this problem? I really want to use Google Play Store rather than Samsung Appstore.

Thanks

Reactions: usrcat

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones