Getting more life fromthe battery...General

Last Updated:

1. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz New Member

Bought an Eris last weekend after debating between it and the Motorola. Knowing that I'm getting Android 2.0 soon was a big factor. I just love the Eris...except....

The battery just drains. I'm not really used to having to charge each night. I did discover that I can turn off the network so it's basically just in phone mode. That has helped tremendously. Its not problem to turn it onwhen I need it. I dont need constant notifications of emails, and FB updates...

Thought this might be of some interest to other new users.

2. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Member

How many hours do you get out of it if you leave the Mobile Network on?

I'm lucky to get twelve hours of normal use out of it per day, with the Mobile Network on.
  3. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat where 12 hrs is about best case scenario. If I could get a full 24-36 hrs from it without having to turn off my mobile connection, id be a happy camper.
  4. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

By the way, if anyone has any tips for the best way to charge the phone (while its still on vs off, before you go to bed vs letting it charge all nite, etc) id def appreciate it.
  5. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

check out the tips and tricks topic in this section, it is "stuck" on the top of the list of topics. i think the 5th tip down is a write up on a known issue where the oem txt msg app drains your battery. see if this is affecting you.