getting movies onto note 2?Support

1. sacklunch

sacklunch New Member

I will go ahead and start off by apologizing for the possibly of an already covered subject, but I can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for. I have the note 2 and it's an fn hoss!!! The only thing that I can't seem to do is get movies that I've downloaded onto the damn thing. Tried formatting to mp4 and it says the audio codec isn't supported etc. any tips on doing this easy? I came from an evo 4g and all you had to do was drag and drop to the card. Again, I'm sorry if this has been covered, cheers!

Advertisement
    :
  2. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

download/install MX Player. it will play your movies
  3. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

Correction: it will play most movies. There are some I've thrown at it that choked it... :p

There are some codecs it has no support for (DTS for example). And yeah, I'm too lazy to convert things. :rolleyes:
  4. ldotmurray

ldotmurray Member

I know what you mean. Yesterday I tried to download some MS Office files onto my Note 2 and the computer wouldn't recognize the phone. I downloaded the drivers and Kies and nothing worked. I never had that issue with any of my previous phones. The Note 2 is an incredible phone but it can be a pain.
  5. DavyMac

DavyMac Member

Have you tried VLC player? Also have you formatted your card to NTFS? I had to do that to mine as even though I'd dragged the files across I couldnt see the movies.
  6. taxiron1

taxiron1 Well-Known Member

You didnt say what your source is. If its protected codecs, such as DVD, then try downloading and using Handbrake to convert all codec to mp4. Then use Android Transfer to plug in your N2 and transfer.

I also have found MXPlayer Pro to be the best at playing whatever is thrown at it.
  7. you2

you2 Well-Known Member

I mostly use dice player as my primary and bsplayer as my backup; MX player tends to be a third choice (for myself).

8. sacklunch

sacklunch New Member

Actually about 10 minutes after I wrote this thread I figured out a really easy way to do it! Find the file you want to transfer, with your note 2 connected via usb, right click on the file and select send to, send the file to your phone model number, when it ask you to copy with format suggested select NO. The file will then copy to your phone. It takes all of 5 minutes and I found this by complete accident. So far movies in mp4 720p format have looked the best.
  9. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

All of my movies are in mp4 format and I transfer them to my phone over wifi.
  10. Cid67

Cid67 Well-Known Member

MoboPlayer give it a try..
  11. sacklunch

sacklunch New Member

I have a couple on my phone now that are divx and one br rip and they all play on the stock video player with no problems.
  12. whatsitsname

whatsitsname Well-Known Member

You guys should read more carefully. He said he can't movies into the phone, not that he can't play movies in the phone. Anyways glad you got it sorted out. Another failure of the "MTP" protocol.
  13. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

he mentioned codec issues so I figured I'd at least mention MX Player. How can someone not be able to copy/paste a file onto their SD card?? :)