• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help getting movies onto note 2?

sacklunch

Lurker
Dec 16, 2011
I will go ahead and start off by apologizing for the possibly of an already covered subject, but I can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for. I have the note 2 and it's an fn hoss!!! The only thing that I can't seem to do is get movies that I've downloaded onto the damn thing. Tried formatting to mp4 and it says the audio codec isn't supported etc. any tips on doing this easy? I came from an evo 4g and all you had to do was drag and drop to the card. Again, I'm sorry if this has been covered, cheers!

Actually about 10 minutes after I wrote this thread I figured out a really easy way to do it! Find the file you want to transfer, with your note 2 connected via usb, right click on the file and select send to, send the file to your phone model number, when it ask you to copy with format suggested select NO. The file will then copy to your phone. It takes all of 5 minutes and I found this by complete accident. So far movies in mp4 720p format have looked the best.

Upvote 0
You guys should read more carefully. He said he can't movies into the phone, not that he can't play movies in the phone. Anyways glad you got it sorted out. Another failure of the "MTP" protocol.
he mentioned codec issues so I figured I'd at least mention MX Player. How can someone not be able to copy/paste a file onto their SD card?? :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones