getting multiple notifications for a single textGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ssddyakno

ssddyakno Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am using Handcent text application for my texts. It is far superior in my opinion to the default application. Problem is, I am getting two notifications every time I receive a text.

I referenced this thread:

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/71971-multiple-notifications-when-receiving-text.html

Saw the guy had reverted back to the default message program. That is not what I'm looking to do. Want to keep the third party program, I just don't know how to get the dual notifications to stop.

Can anybody help me out?

Advertisement
  2. ssddyakno

ssddyakno Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Fixed it.

Just go into notifications in settings and turn them off for the stock messaging program. Mods can close this.

3. Zomb!e

Zomb!e Well-Known Member

Open up the default messaging app, simply called "Messages" Hit the menu button, then uncheck "Recieved notification" Worked for me. I'm using Handcent and only get a notification from Handscent.

EDIT: Glad you got it. A bit slow tonight.

ssddyakno likes this.
  4. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Open up your stock HTC messaging program....then hit

Menu>settings> and uncheck "delivery reports" and "auto retrieve" then scroll down and also uncheck 'received notification"

The messages will still go there you just won't be notified. When you delete threads in handcent they will also be deleted there as well. Handcent is superior imo too...Hope this helps

ssddyakno likes this.