Getting multiple SMS notifications that I can't seem to disableSupport

Last Updated:

1. norachuga

norachuga New Member This Topic's Starter

I've done some googling, and found plenty of people with my issue, but mine can't seem to be resolved like everyone else's.

I've been getting two notifications for every txt I get, one's icon is a Letter, the other's is a Smiley Face.

I only use the built-in Messages application that came with the phone, its all I've ever used. If I go into Messages, and disable it from making any notifications, when I get a txt, a tone will still play and I still get the Smiley Face notification.

Some people have linked this to Beautiful Widgets Pack 2, and I've seen numerous threads where people uninstall it, and it fixes the issue. I installed Beautiful Widgets Pack 2 last week, didn't like it, and uninstalled it. And yet I still have this issue! I even tried installing it again and then uninstalling it again, then rebooted, and it still pops up a notification with that Smiley Face!

If pull down the Notifications Bar, and select the smiley face notification, it takes me into a blank message to the person who just sent me a text. It doesn't take me into the conversation, or the All Messages, so its really really frustrating!

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

I only ever used the stock SMS/MMS program and it does not include any smiley face notifications, so there must be something still linked from beautiful widgets or another program on your phone.

Try going into "manage applications" and going to the "all" section and clear the data/cache from anything that relates to messaging.

norachuga likes this.
  3. norachuga

Cleared the data on Messages, no effect.

4. norachuga

At the advice I'd seen elsewhere, I downloaded aSpotCat, and used it to find out what programs have access to SMS. It turned up these three programs

TrackballColorNotify
    Ionic Live Wallpaper
    Sheriff Android

I uninstalled all 3, and it fixed the problem!